- Coconut oil or grass fed butter
- Herbs of your choice: cumin, oregano, turmeric, fennel, etc.
- Garlic, smashed
- Onion of your choice
- Vegetables- any that you have: leafy greens, cabbages, beets, broccoli, or cauliflower
- Beans or lentils or tempeh (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
- Rice (optional)
- Wrap (optional)
- 1 to 2 fried or scrambled eggs
Add the herbs. Next, add the onion and garlic. Sauté these for a minute to release the flavors.
Next, add the vegetables that you have except for leafy greens (unless they are sturdy and need longer cooking time like collard greens).
Beans or lentils or tempeh? If you have them and like them — add in.
Sauté for a few minutes. Add leafy greens toward the end of the sauté.
To finish this you have a couple different options:
–add cheese and serve over rice
–put it in a wrap and roll it up
–top it with a couple fried eggs
Now, you have a power packed nutritious meal and you’ve used up all of those veggies!!
In Central PA, check out the Jade Family Farm CSA for veggies or buy them a-la-carte.