- 1 large bunch collard greens (about 1.5 pounds) or spinach
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Wash the greens thoroughly under running water and pat dry. Remove the stems and cut the greens into one-inch strips.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil and heat until shimmering. Add garlic and cook only until it begins to turn brown, about 30 seconds. Add collard greens and chili flakes, and cook only until the greens wilt. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
Add lemon juice and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
This recipe makes five servings.
(Adapted from Healthy Recipes for Your Nutritional Type)
In South Central PA, you can find organic veggies here.
High quality salts & spices can be found here.