- For the Sauce:
- 2-5 Garlic cloves, peeled, smashed and then chopped
- 1/2-1 whole onion
- Organic EVOO
- Oregano and thyme - fresh or dried
- Roma tomatoes, chopped
- For the Ricotta Layer:
- 1 tub ricotta + some dry ricotta (optional)
- Big handful of spinach, wilted
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- oregano - fresh or dried
- 1 egg
- 1/2-1 box lasagna noodles
- Mozzarella Cheese log
- Pecorino or parmesan cheese, grated
sauté onion and garlic in EVOO, add oregano and thyme.
Add chopped roma tomatoes and let simmer. Option to blend with hand blender (I don’t).
Mix together creamy ricotta with a a little dry ricotta (this makes the mouth feel of ground beef even tho there is none 😉
Add in garlic (pressed), wilted spinach, oregano, and one egg. Mix well.
Cook lasagna noods for 4 minutes, remove 1 at a time with tongs and lay flat. Drizzle with EVOO.
sprinkle basil over &
Layer final layer of noods over the sauce and spread the remaining sauce over the noodles and sprinkle with pecorino.
Bake at 325o covered for 25 minutes uncover and bake another 25 minutes.