- 12 ounces good French Brie, cut into 4 wedges
- 1-4 TBSP honey
- 3 TBSP pistachios or pecans or walnuts
- 4 ounces mache leaves (8 to 10 ounces with roots attached) or other greens
- 1 TBSP syrupy aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 TBSP good extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
Arrange the 4 wedges of Brie snugly in one layer in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Scatter the pistachios over the top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 3 to 7 minutes (depending on the ripeness of the Brie) until the Brie just begins to ooze but isn’t melted. Be careful-it happens fast!
Place the mache in a large bowl and toss it gently with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide the salad among 4 large salad plates and place a piece of the warm Brie with the pistachios in the center of each plate. Place a quarter of the apple slices on each plate fanned out on one side of the Brie. Drizzle with the honey and serve immediately.
Find high quality extra virgin olive oil here.
In South Central PA, you can find organic veggies here.
Excellent culinary salts are available from here.
In Hawaii, you can find raw honey here.